Wednesday, September 25, 2024

As Ready as I Can Be

Inspirational song: Bales of Cocaine (The Reverend Horton Heat)

First off, I just have that song stuck in my head. Don't take anything else from it. My housemate said something about low-flying planes, and my brain was off to the races. If you aren't already familiar with it, and you like a bit of silly rockabilly, I encourage you to test it out. It's a toe-tapper, and it will be stuck in your brain too.

I'm packed. I didn't do it until pretty late tonight. By the time I started matching up tops and pants and naming the days I would wear them, I had hit a low-stress point. No extra clothes, no "just in case we go someplace nice" outfits. No swimsuit. No hair styling tools, unless you count a handful of bobby pins and basic curl cream. I'll be wearing the only pair of shoes I need. And I have no need for a laptop or iPad. Not this time. I'm in my second smallest suitcase and there is plenty of room. If there is anything I desperately need, they have Walmarts in Oklahoma. I'll be fine.

I had to clean the house a bit before game night, but I had so little energy. I stopped a lot, mostly because my back felt like it was accordioning down. I think I'm standing at around 5' 2" right now, which is not normal. I need a good stretch and crunch. I miss my monthly massages so much. At least I got the things I needed to do done, but it meant I had to really push myself to go out of the house to get cash for tips and tolls. 

I plotted out the route between my mom's house and the RV campground where I meet up with folks. En route there is a Sonic and a Braums right next to each other. I'd be tempted to do a blind taste test of cherry limeades, but it would be a waste of time. Braums would win every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment