Saturday, September 21, 2024

Clutch

Inspirational song: Rise (Public Image Ltd.)

Oh, I forgot to take a picture of the cinnamon rolls! They are prepped and covered in foil, sitting in the refrigerator overnight. I knew if I waited until tomorrow morning to do the whole recipe, I would be exhausted by the time they went in the oven, and I have much to do tomorrow. I used two different yeasts, a rapid rise instant, and a rapid rise with some sort of dough conditioner that makes things rise even faster. The dough was puffy even as I spread the cinnamon butter on them, before rolling. Like all normal people, I sampled the dough, from a rough edge I cut off. Holy cow, this is the closest to glutinous tasting I have ever found. It was soft and pillowy, and didn't have that gritty texture most GF breads get, especially with rice flour. This may have cracked the code. Millet, sorghum, tapioca, and a gel made from psyllium husk. Now, I have to reserve my final judgment for after I see how this treats my digestion. That last ingredient is, ah, powerful.

I did a whole lot around here, but it barely looks like anything has changed. The most visible thing, other than there is no longer an inch deep layer of white dog hair on the rugs, is that I re-hung a print of one of my stepdad's paintings. I put it on the other side of the wall, which means I have to shift the wooden screen in the corner. I only got it to move about half the distance it needs to go. This might mean moving twenty or thirty plants around so I can unblock it, and I'm not ready to wrap my head around that.

I created a cute little Halloween decoration too. I bought a black ceramic cauldron from Target a while back, and I filled it with button lights and white polyfil, so that it looks like a steaming, bubbling potion. I love it, but I wish I had it on a timer. It's going to be a pain to unplug.

Sleep may be impossible for a long time. The conference opener CU game went into overtime, and ended with a spectacular win. I may be getting my wish from two weeks ago. Those kids do not want to feel like they did in Nebraska. They want to win, and they are doing what it takes to get there. I oughta start hyping Travis Hunter for the Heisman. I won't be the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment