Monday, September 30, 2024

Dogpiled

Inspirational song: Long Way Home from Anywhere (Bruce Robison)

My gosh, I love my family completely, through all their charms and faults (and too a man we have our share of each), but after five days and four nights, I am so glad to be on the ground in Colorado. The return trip was uneventful and easy. I didn't have to wait a full minute at the curb for pickup. And we encountered next to no traffic coming back to town. I can finally unwind now.

The animals have all greeted me. The dogs have already been kicked out once for getting over-excited and wrassling on the bed, on top of me. Saoirse is back and Beinn is wondering if he is allowed in yet. It's flattering being missed, but that doesn't mean I want new bruises as a way to say hello. Even Athena knocked my phone into my chin hard enough to hurt. 

I can't wait until tomorrow, when I get to go visit with the babies again. It has been a full week since I saw them, and it is so difficult to go that long. I got regular photo updates and two video chats while I was gone. It doesn't compare to having the real thing in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment