Thursday, September 14, 2017

Bunny Feet

Inspirational song: These Boots Are Made for Walking (Nancy Sinatra)

It got under my skin more than I thought it did. I'm just now getting really spun up about yesterday's underwhelming introduction to the podiatrist. I literally told this woman that the night before, I had overused a fascia-busting knobby ball on my feet, and I irritated things so badly that my usual pain level of six in my feet was spiking to a nine afterwards, and I couldn't sleep because of it. She acted like I had not spoken. When a patient says their pain in the area where you specialize is 90% of the maximum they can tolerate, wouldn't you be even moderately motivated to ask more? She noted that I was on gabapentin, and said yeah, that's what I would have suggested, and the matter was closed in her mind. I have an injury! Something new and unusual and urgent! Not simply the "unexplained nerve pain" of fibromyalgia. I'm still limping today, and on the arch of my left foot, just forward of the heel, where it hurts most, there is a warm lump bigger than the normal temperature lump that corresponds on the right foot. I'm sitting with my foot on an ice pack now, wondering whether it is too late to help things. It feels better to do it, at least. (And it's making me feel cold, which is a rare treat for me.) I highly doubt I will go back to the podiatrist to complain, even if it turns out there is real damage, even short-term stuff. But if it doesn't get better by the weekend, I anticipate a cranky phone call to the insurance company who selected her for me.

I want a better picture of the white kitten who is waiting to be part of the Smith Park Pride. I get casual snaps of the entire litter every few days, but I swear little Harvey is camera shy. The calico I had originally claimed, but instead offered to my neighbor's girlfriend, is marvelously photogenic and interested every time the phone comes near her. As much as I still think the former Lida Rose, current River Song is still insanely beautiful and I'd welcome her in a heartbeat if neighbors weren't destined to be her family, I really, really want some portraits of Harvey to tide me over until he is here and running me and the Pride ragged. I told Rabbit that he shows a tendency to be a mama's boy, and people will think she is his real mom. I don't think she understands yet just what we are in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment