Saturday, September 30, 2017

Feeling Groovy

Inspirational song: Somebody to Love (Queen)

I left the party before it was over. It was super fun, boisterous, hilarious. But there's only so much entertainment I can handle. I had to put my feet up and recover from perfectly smoked ribs and bottomless red wine. Next door neighbor had a birthday party tonight. His absolutely marvelous girlfriend (seriously, this woman is a keeper--I hope they both recognize that as much as those of us not a party to the relationship can see) has party planner skills. She has led a singles meetup group for a long time, so she knows how to keep large groups of different people engaged and joyful. She also knew how to speak neighbor's love language. She ordered special cake decorations, candles, and even found packs of Kansas City Chiefs napkins locally. At some point in all our lives, we each should experience what it is like to have someone put together a birthday party for us like this. I'd say my 25th and 30th were this good. I hope you all have had someone go this far for you.

While they are eaten up with uncertainty, these neighbors desperately want to adopt the calico from the Rock and Roll litter. My neighbor dog Barley is very well loved and one of the smartest canines I have met, and I think he needs a kitten of his own to love. I keep torturing them with pictures as the kittens grow, and they squeal and pout about how ready they are for her to come out and be adopted. I understand the feeling. I got to video chat with Harvey (and my daughter) late last night, and it makes me that much more excited about seeing him too. The calico now named River Song and my little pooka Harvey are my favorites from this litter. They are going to be spoiled and loved.








No comments:

Post a Comment