Sunday, September 10, 2017

Not Yet

Inspirational song: All By Myself (Eric Carman)

It sure looked good today. We brought over my rustic table, some chairs from my grandfather's house, and a couple of accent rugs. I had two open house signs, one on the main road (albeit just one more splotch of red and white in a sea of construction signs), and one across the street pointing at our unit. We put a For Rent sign in the window, although that might violate HOA rules and I don't care. I even searched all over the house to find my best black realtor blazer, so I looked professional. 

And I sat. I played on my iPad. And I waited.

Eventually my daughter came by, the one who used to live in this condo. She kept me company for most of an hour. I'm glad she did. Hers was the only face through that door for the whole time. Not even nosy neighbors this time. I've had open houses that failed before, and they are boring as snot. I try not to get discouraged by them. There wasn't a lot of advanced notice on this one, and it was only listed on Craigslist. That's all I had time for after working day and night to get this place flipped and ready. I'll put together listings on other platforms, and I should see more traffic. It will rent. Just hasn't yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment