Thursday, September 21, 2017

Fizzy Lifting Drinks

Inspirational song: Man of Constant Sorrow (Dan Tyminkski) (probably spelled wrong. Sorry, Dan.)

As I write, I am sitting in a clearing, somewhere on Sheridan Mountain (I think). Twilight is nearly gone. Somebody built a hunting blind here, on what I assume is Forest Service land. I can hear movement in the trees, and quite honestly, I'm nervous about that. We just spent a HARD day bringing materials up to the claim, and I am absolutely spent. I couldn't even make it to the campsite one last time to get my hoodie. I had to sit. But as things started to rustle in the woods around me, I pulled my folding knife out of my pocket and set it on my lap. I hope I don't need it for anything. I'm so tired I would only be able to use it to cut off pieces of myself to feed to whatever animal just stepped on a piece of downed slash (twice).

I took a million beautiful photos today, but I can't upload them with the phone app. I want to post this now, so that the moment I make it to the car (assuming I do), I can take a flexiril and check out.

If you don't hear from me tomorrow, whatever make those noises was hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment