Friday, September 22, 2017

Give 'Em Hell, Harry

Inspirational song: Money (Pink Floyd)

I promised a bunch of photos from yesterday's mountain trip, and I will deliver tonight. I could let this post be 90% pictures, but I had a wonderful evening that I want to talk about. I'll post a couple pix from that too.

Yesterday's mountain climb took a lot out of me, but today's monstrous stiffness and soreness was totally worth it for all that I got to do. I kept my eyes open, focused out the side of the car. For the first half of the drive, I just soaked it in and let the pretty colors lighten my soul. I even turned my phone completely off so that the bouncing along the 4WD roads wouldn't register as steps on my exercise tracker. (It always announces "Goal achieved!" when we park the car, and I just roll my eyes.) But it was so amazingly beautiful, the Mr said no, you're going to want to have the camera ready. He was right. So I hopped out of the truck a few times, to get some shots along Fenceline Road, to capture the amazing little trail where we were driving, and to chase the beautiful golds and oranges. Hell, it was so neat up there, I even took a picture of the Harry Potter lightning bolt scar on a tree where I peed in the woods. I went a little nuts with the camera.

This morning was a first meeting with a dermatologist. It went well, but I will have more to say about that Monday when I see her again. (We split the visit because of tonight's party.) You are warned.

A year ago, when things were crashing and burning with Mr S-P and I, one of the last things he wanted to do before he moved out was to make sure I broke out of my shell enough to go to the Truman Dinner. This year, while he is back living in this house, I returned the favor. I am glad that he insisted last time, and I'm glad that I pushed him to go with me this time. We knew a whole lot more of the faces, and we made great contacts. I got face time with my area coordinator. He met someone our age with a military history that can give his wild stories a run for their money. The man who sat next to me at our dinner table may be looking for a home in the gorgeous neighborhood where I have been dying to work. The keynote speaker, who had direct involvement in getting Sheriff Joe Arpaio fired, was marvelously interesting. And I nabbed a really cool poster in the silent auction. It was several giant steps forward into getting plugged into this community, and into the political arena where I want to be. I'm fired up and ready to go.

From tonight:





And from yesterday, including the cart full of lumber, before the wheel got bent and we had to haul each board up to the campsite by hand. And between trips up and down the mountain, I sat in the dirt and sorted out all the rocks from where the foundation pillars will go. And did I mention I fell multiple times over the course of the day? I still hurt...




















No comments:

Post a Comment