Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Who Am I?

Inspirational song: True Companion (Steely Dan)

There is a very confused, nervous boy in my house now. He's not sure why he is here, nor whether he can believe me when I tell him his only job is to hang out, eat, and live a comfortable life. I've tried to talk to him to calm him down, but for the most part, he's just sitting in one spot, watching everything going on around him. And despite what you are thinking, none of the kittens from the litter at my daughter's apartment has moved in yet. This is someone entirely new.

This small creature does not yet have a name. All I knows so far is that I want it to start with the letter B. Bruno? Boris? Bronson? Boy George? I really can't decide yet. It wasn't until he had been in my house for about 30 minutes that I was sure that he was a he, not a she. I brought him here to be a companion to someone else who lives here, other than me. So far, most of us are very interested in him, but there's only one opinion of him that will matter. And her initial reaction has been one of wary observation.

Want to see who he is?


Handsome, huh? This is how he arrived at the house...


This is part of the reason he is here. Until recently, I couldn't keep crickets alive more than a week. Now they are breeding on their own, taking over the cage. There are dozens of them now. Agnes isn't keeping up with them. She is too small and too old to eat this much.


Agnes hasn't been very active for weeks. She mostly sleeps behind the lizard ladder. She's almost always brown these days. This was the first time I've seen her mostly green, because she was completely asleep when we put her new companion in the cricketarium.




 Agnes was startled awake when Mr S-P's arm came into her house. She was pretty freaked out, and hid in the fake leaves for a long time, staring at the new guy.


I'm not sure he has noticed her even now. She watched him. He didn't move to speak of. I assume he will settle in and figure out that he's in a safe, pleasant environment. It might take a while.



And of course Athena Lizardkiller has noticed there is a new toy just out of her reach. 



If you made it this far, then I want your help. What should I name him? The names I mentioned at the top are the ones I was seriously considering. I feel like there is an obvious choice that I'm too scatterbrained to recognize right away. Who is this little lizard boy, paid companion to Accidental Agnes, the Adventurous Anole?

No comments:

Post a Comment