Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Costume

Inspirational song: Whatever Gets You Through the Night (John Lennon)

This year's Halloween costume debuted tonight. I dressed up for the Rotary party as a goth skater chick, and it was fun. I'm really glad I don't dress like this every day, but it was neat to see a different side of me. I really hammed it up when I could, when people were taking pictures or when we were showing our costumes for the contest at the party. But as soon as that was done, I stopped being goth or emo or whatever this outfit called for and just acted like me.

With my housemate's advice and assistance, I put together a layered look. Black long-sleeved undershirt, ratty, faded black tour t-shirt over it. Jean shorts, purple tights, black leather clunky boots. Plaid shirt tied around my waist. Three silver necklaces with goth styling. Four hematite rings and black nail polish. Fake nose ring. Purple beanie. And makeup. So. Much. Makeup. 

I watched a YouTube tutorial on how to apply the makeup, and did my best. How I'm going to get it all off again, I have no idea. I tried scrubbing the liquid eye liner off my hand, where I accidentally globbed it. Regular hand soap failed, as did my face wash. I tried a dry paper towel, hoping friction would do it. Some of it is still there. I can't do this to my eyes. I have to research more gentle methods. I used black eyeliner pencil for my brows, and during D&D tonight, I tried removing it with a baby wipe. I had marginal success. Am I going to have raccoon eyes all the way into Thanksgiving? Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment