Thursday, October 3, 2024

The Boys

Inspirational song: Bloody Well Right (Supertramp)

Let's see how fast I can write tonight. I'm predicting I can finish in about six minutes, if I apply myself. I'm starting to get a gurgly tummy, to go along with feeling extra tired and sore, and I want to hit the hay early tonight.

We just got home from meeting up with the old high school friends down in Boulder. Technically, the three men present were in school together, and we two women became BFFs later in life. While we were at the last original dive bar in Boulder, the Dark Horse, my buddy held the phone while the guys video chatted with two more of their gang, one in San Francisco, and the other in Switzerland (he was the foreign exchange student who became family to them all). It was nice to reminisce. But now I'm feeling full and tired.

I got to play with my boys for an hour, while their mommy did a little shopping. We cuddled and watched Lilo and Stitch, and Dmitri dug out the bubble wands. Without his big sister here, he had no competition for the bubbles, so he was running two streams at once. What a lucky kid.

Check the time. Pretty sure I came in under six minutes. Whew. It's bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment