Saturday, October 12, 2024

Shining Stadium on the Hill

Inspirational song: Walk of Life (Dire Straits)

A little more than 20% of our get out the vote effort is done. Housemate 1 and I walked the southeast quadrant, plus our own street. We gave out a total of about 75 voter guides, but this is the section with the most walking, I think. I handed off the walk lists to my partner in the precinct this evening, so she and her brother can do the condo and apartment section. I'll pick back up tomorrow evening, assuming my body lets me. Both feet, one knee, and one hip are on fire. Housemate 1 felt just fine after, but I swear I weigh double what they do. If there were half of me doing all this walking, it would be a lot easier.

As I recovered, I discovered an acceptable substitute for the Braum's cherry limeade I long for when I'm not in Oklahoma. Canada Dry has a cherry ginger ale that I tried for the first time today. Squeeze a fresh lime or two into that, and I can live with it. Will save me a ton of money on the much more disappointing Sonic version.

I'm listening to the CU game as I type on my phone. When I started that sentence, we scored a touchdown. That's great and all, but we are still down an entire touchdown beyond that. It's the 3rd quarter, and two of our best players, including the guy who should be in top consideration for the Heisman, are banged up and not currently playing. I'm so tired, I don't know how I'm going to stay awake to the end of the game.

I had to drive Mr S-P to where he left his car at a friend's house, a couple towns over. We took a rural route to get there, and as we drove in the dark, listening to pregame chatter on the radio, he pointed towards Boulder in the distance, and complained how bright the giant scoreboard at the stadium was. I'm not sure if what he was pointing at was indeed the jumbotron. It may have been aimed the wrong direction to be that. But wow, the stadium itself was the brightest point on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment