Monday, October 7, 2024

How You Do It

Inspirational song: Run Away! (Spamalot)

There are some really creative people in this town. I'm feeling inadequate. I drove down a street I rarely traverse today, on the way to Valerie's school. I did pickup today, for the first time. I saw several seriously snazzy Halloween displays on the way, but I only pulled over to sneak a picture the one time. It was a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, done with skeletons, of the attack of the Beast of Caer Bannog. These are my people. Well done, chaps.

I don't know what I expected Valerie's first teacher to look like, but she was entirely unexpected. Her appearance was irrelevant though, because she had the attention of all of those little goobers, and Valerie tells me often that she absolutely loves her. I'm so happy to see her enjoying school this much. This felt like a very healthy space for her to discover the world outside of her cozy family bubble. 

After school, she and I hung out at my house, while her brothers got their immunizations. I had already shampooed my love seat with the upholstery attachment to the carpet cleaner. I had to do something to keep her occupied and away from it. She did some puzzles, and then I suggested we try out my new toy. She was super excited for the idea of a toy, and more impressively, she was still into it when she realized I had just bought an electric spin brush I saw on a YouTube video. (Housemate laughed at it and said I got TikToked.) Val and I squirted a little dish soap on my shower tile and tub, and tested out three different attachments for the brush. That was the fasted and easiest I have ever cleaned a tub. The grout is improved, the rubber mat was quickly scrubbed, and my body didn't even hurt after. (Wait, I'm lying. It hurts now, but it's five hours after we cleaned, and the upholstery work and long time standing at the stove added up too.)

I was nervous about what it was going to be like picking her up from school, but now that I have done it once, I'm totally fine with it. I had a touch of fear of the unknown. There will be complexity added once I have two little boys in tow, but I'll face that hurdle later.

No comments:

Post a Comment