Sunday, October 6, 2024

Honing Skills

Inspirational song: Lullaby (Shawn Mullins)

I have a particular set of skills. I have the perfect energy to get a baby or a toddler to go down for a nap. I used to be able to get Val to sleep faster than anyone else when she was here and fighting sleep. She's beyond daily nap age now, so I've moved on to lulling boys to their rest. I apparently am able to sit at just the right angle to allow Dmitri to recline yet still see the iPad when we watch videos of trains or whatever he needs to turn off his active brain. And I've become proud of how I can usually get those tiny Avery eyes to roll back in his head and drift off to dreamland (for whatever three month old babies dream about). New parent leave is almost over, and grandma babysitting duty is about to fire up again. These skills will come in very handy. Think good thoughts for me to be able to continue them.

Dinner yesterday was punted to today. I made the chicken cacciatore that I promised for the week after Avery was born, that never happened until now. I am pleased to report that after swearing she didn't like it and didn't want it before she had any idea what chicken cacciatore was, Valerie actually did like it, and ate a significant portion of what she was given. Well done, young one. 

The patio didn't end up getting worked on, which was the original plan for bringing the family here. I don't know what blocked the progress, but I'm not going to worry about it. Eventually it will be installed, and I'll forget all about the delays. For now I'm more concerned with getting the house ready for more frequent toddler care. I have lots to organize in the next week. I'd like positive thoughts for that minor miracle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment