Monday, October 14, 2024

I Wish This Was My Picture

Inspirational song: Rock Around the Clock (Bill Haley & His Comets)

I was invited to go view the comet currently visible in the western sky, and I just couldn't convince myself to get up and go. By the time night had rolled around, my units of "get things done" were completely depleted, and even walking to the door was beyond me. Pity, that. My housemate was the one who invited me, and they have good equipment for star-gazing. They only brought fancy binoculars this time, and that was enough to see the nucleus of the comet and detail in the tail. They took a three-second exposure photo over the pond at the park where they went, and it was an insanely beautiful shot. I said if it had been my picture, that would have been plastered all over social media by now. So, with their generous permission, I will put it here. 

I didn't end up submitting my ballot today. I wasn't sure whether it was still considered a bank holiday today, as this particular holiday is controversial. (Personally, I fall into the group who prefer the newer "Indigenous People's Day" version, but that is neither here nor there to my point.) I assumed that the county offices would be closed, and as my entire motivation for handing in my ballot in person is to get that sweet, sweet sticker, I elected to wait one more day (pun intended.)

I have overbooked myself for this week, and I've started culling projects already. I had a few food and drink items planned to prepare for game night, and I'm going to simplify there. I am keeping my costume for the Rotary Halloween party to mostly items I already have on hand, both to save money and because I want it to be easy. I'm just trying to make it to next Monday without overload, at this point. I don't have a snowball's chance in outer space of achieving that, but here we are.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment