Thursday, October 10, 2024

Recommendations

Inspirational song: Sk8er Boi (Avril Lavigne)

I needed inputs today. I had a very low reservoir of creativity. I was on the verge of crowd-sourcing my Halloween costume with y'all, until I spoke aloud some of my rough ideas with housemate 2. She jumped on one of them, and walked me through very specific ways of making it work. It went from a "maybe I should do something this direction" to "show me what you have in your closet so we know what few items to buy this weekend" very quickly. It helps having a close confidant who is 20-plus years younger than you. Now I'm super excited about putting this together, and feeling far less self-conscious about wearing the look.

There is still one thing about which I will need to get opinions from locals. This evening I went to pick up my GOTV materials, and on the way home decided I would absolutely shrivel up and die without a cherry limeade. Crossing the very full parking lot to the Sonic, I noticed this restaurant was thoroughly packed on a Thursday night. I've never been there, but a crowd like that makes me think it must be pretty good. Have any of you locals been to Rosa Cantina on North Main? Do I want to go there next week for my birthday dinner? I kind of feel like I do, but someone giving me reassurance would be appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment