Sunday, October 26, 2014

In the Pink

Inspirational song: Walk of Shame (Pink)

My weekend sunburn is mostly faded, but now I just feel like I'm trying to get a fever, so my cheeks are still an unhappy shade of pink. That, or I'm red in the face because I'm mad that my other device erased everything I'd struggled to write while I was tired and ready for bed. I'm sore and my body (especially my feet) hurts, and I just don't want to try to remember everything I wrote for the last half hour before I opened an email without saving first. I'm totally used up after this vacation. Other than the sunburn, and an overwhelming need to reapply Blistex every ten minutes, I do have a few souvenirs worth taking home. While we spent what felt like hours in the AT&T store, waiting to replace (and upgrade, because frankly, it was time) my girl's phone, the sales associate came out with a little consolation gift for us. They had a promotion to sell us a tablet for a pittance, to make us feel less bad about having to pay full price for upgrades, which is apparently the only way they do these things now. We paid easily thirty times more for the pretty pink case that I put the tablet in than for the tablet itself. It seems like a fun toy, other than it not auto-saving from the Blogger app. I may need to check my settings on that.

I managed to squeeze in plenty of quality visiting time today, with the family who houses me every time I come out here, and with both of my daughters. I tagged along on a toy-buying trip for the young son of my friends, and we had a pleasant chat on the way about boy toys versus girl toys. He said he generally gravitates away from the aisles of pink plastic stuff, but he does think Hello Kitty is pretty awesome, and I said I thought it was great when little girls liked superhero toys, and he agreed. He's got a good head on his tiny little shoulders. He's perceptive and fair. I am enjoying watching him grow and form opinions about the world.

The girls and I ate lunch together (and I learned that pho doesn't seem to agree with me), and poked around a couple stores. I found a magenta velvet chair that I would have loved to acquire, if I had anyplace to out it, or any need for yet another chair. It stayed in the store and I moved on. Then we all cooed and tried to gain the attention of a couple kittens up for adoption, even though none of us had any space for a beautiful little tabby (with hints of calico at the edges of her stripes) who was willing to talk back to us. 

I took one daughter out to get the lay of the land of a four-acre parcel I have been dreaming about lately. The street view from Google didn't fully convey how low in elevation that particular lot is nor how close to the creek it is. I have confidence that the entire thing was most likely underwater during last year's flood. And with it being on the down side of a hill, the views of the front range are nothing that I would want to invest in that heavily. I can't imagine what insurance company would bite on a house built there. So I have to turn my dreams to another target. I'm sure another will come along soon enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment