Friday, November 21, 2014

Needs Work

Inspirational song: Underneath Your Pillow (It Bites)

Doggie diaper wrap prototype number one was completed this evening, right around dinner time. It took Murray about three and a half minutes to point out all the design flaws, and another five minutes to gnaw at it so much I just pulled it off of him. I just want a successful diaper wrap, so I can finally pour some energy into fully cleaning up around here. It just seems so futile, when we're spending so much time cleaning up everything that hits the floor. These garments are absolutely necessary, if he is to live inside the house, which he must to get healthy from the infection. I think I know most of the changes to make in the next set of hot pants for Mr Hot Wheels. For one, they need to cover a whole lot more of his body. I think the next set of measurements will be while he is in his wheels, not lying on the floor, so I can get a clearer idea of how big he actually is. I kept cutting down the original pattern, thinking it would be way too big. Now I might go in the opposite direction, and make him a pair of overalls like the kids used to wear when they were 9 months old. I can't promise there won't be appliques of zoo animals on them if I copy those old overalls designs. (I might have already bought some fabric for Christmas at the grandparents', with gingerbread men and penguins in scarves...) The first prototype has orange quilted pads on the purple fabric, accidentally making him a little Clemson cheerleader. I wasn't thinking in those terms until it was done.

I had a lot of help sewing. I set up in a space I don't normally occupy, so of course that meant it was time to investigate and touch everything. So many new things to kill or cover with cat fur. Zoe and Athena are taking turns stealing the tomato pincushion. The might get away with it, if Athena didn't crow so loudly about how well she killed it. And Jack hasn't left the table since I spread out the first piece of fabric on it. I wish she could offer suggestions on design as well. She keeps talking to me. Maybe that's what she is actually saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment