Friday, November 28, 2014

Rebuilding

Inspirational song: Day By Day (Godspell)

I'm tired of writing the same thing every day. I'm tired of living the same thing every day. I'm tired of being tired. I am ready for a big change. I just need to convince my body of that notion.

I am not sure whether my head-spinning dizziness today was entirely attributable to the illness, the recuperation, or even the noxious metronidazole (which might actually be powdered brimstone, the jury is still out on that). The man has what one of his friends so helpfully calls a "husband sitter." He has a project car that hasn't actually moved under its own power in at least a decade. We thought that it would be taken care of when he towed it out to a body shop to have it fully restored eleven months ago, however, that's not how it all worked out. When the man returned from his travels, the Jeep was still where he left it, under a tarp, in pieces, in the body shop's yard. He is trying to take the setback in stride, but he really wanted to have a driveable vehicle by now. He is working on rebuilding the engine himself, and even doing some of the body work he already paid the shop owner to do, that was never done. He spent the whole of the day cleaning and rebuilding the carburetor. I'm not sure what the chemical is that he used to soak it, but every time he came in from outside where the soaking was done, fumes followed him into the house. I believe that some component of it was ether. The man and I have been skirting the edge of dizziness all day. If I'm lucky, he's done with this particular project, and the air will be clearer tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment