Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cat Got Your Tongue

Inspirational song: Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here (D.A. Esrom/Theodora Morse)

Almost everything is going according to plan today, and that's what frightens me. I'm used to too many deviations to be able to trust my luck when things appear to be going well. This morning, my older daughter and my nephew flew in. After lunch, my father drove in. And after all the travelers had naps, and we gathered here for a salad bar dinner (we decided simplicity and speed was better than trying to go downtown to eat), my younger daughter's plane landed. My brother in law should touch down any minute. If only the flights routed through DC hadn't been canceled, we would have had a perfect record for our out-of-towners who we expected to make it all the way here. Now that we are all collected, all my stress this week to make the house habitable feels totally worth it. I might freak out ahead of time when I have company, but I get so unbelievably happy once that company arrives that I'm willing to make that trade.

We rehearsed today for the festivities tomorrow. Most of this carnival is happening around me, with very little of my participation required. I'm glad for that. I will not be required to give a speech or take a test or anything beyond my abilities this close to the recent surgery. All I need to do tomorrow is smile and enjoy the show, and pose for a few pictures.'
#'
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Much as I would like to take credit for the above exclamation of excitement, I can't. I walked away to try on dresses with my daughters (whose approval I needed), and Zoe decided she wanted to talk to you all. It is so sweet and enthusiastic, I can't help but leave it. Perhaps she knows, at an instinctive feline level, that tomorrow's ceremony means her daddy, the human she owns part and parcel, will be home with her a whole lot more often. Maybe we all should squeal in delight along with her. Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment