Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Resting and Recharging

Inspirational song: See Me, Feel Me (The Who)

I'd love to have a long interesting essay right about now, but it's not going to happen. I overdid it several times over during the week I was alone. I've spent all day sore and lying around on the couch. Yes, I talked to the doc, and no, it's not an emergency situation yet. I have instructions on what to do if it crosses that line (go for a CT scan). But for now, I'm taking it easy, and resting like I should have been doing when I was out pruning roses and carrying obese cats around. (I'm looking at you, Jackie.)

To say I'm sorry I'm not more brilliant, let me make a peace offering. The man drove out to his mountain property, as close as he could get in March. He spent the night in his truck so that at first light, he could cross-country ski up. He sent me pictures along the way that were absolutely gorgeous. This is why I was so supportive when he told me he wanted to spend a bundle of his cash savings on it. Having a wilderness where he can go and recharge his batteries is worth it to all of us. Just look at these pictures and tell me your own soul wouldn't feel like it was shining a little brighter just by being there.



No comments:

Post a Comment