Sunday, March 22, 2015

Fresh and New

Inspirational song: Everything Is Awesome (The Lego Movie)

What better than a cold, rainy spring day for a fresh start? My problem solving and planning abilities had felt like they were gummed up and not flowing for longer than I care to admit. I don't know how much things might have been tied to the mess inside me (entirely, some, or not at all), but I feel like somewhere in the last day I found my mojo back. Or perhaps more accurately, I found the way to find my mojo. I still have a lot of work to do, but the man and I both spent the day like we were finally moving forward in the same direction. Fingers crossed that we are on the right path.

I couldn't help myself today. We went out for a dozen bags of mulch to lay down all around, as we pull weeds, to help preserve our efforts and tidy the place up so it can go on the market eventually. As I stood in the rainy garden center, waiting by the cart stacked high with mulch while the man ran back inside on a mission, I picked out a few annuals to brighten up the containers that will remain outside. I'm trying to be good, and not go nuts with bedding plants (unlike as in all years past since at least 2006), but a few of the cheap, easy flowers like petunias and snapdragons can't hurt anything, right?

I got a lot of pictures from the Motherpark today. My family has been clearing around the raised beds my brother made last year, piling up dropped limbs from the winter, and looking to see what has decided to brave the last gasp of cold weather sweeping down the Plains in the last few weeks. I've been told daffodils are finally out in force there, just as the last of mine are fading in the heavy rain. I'm glad spring is finally arriving in the middle of the country. I was feeling like I was rubbing it in every time I showed off my pinks and greens.

I also have a report on Hattie the cat. She is doing exceptionally well after her surgery. She even stood up in her cage to investigate when my stepfather was working on something above her head. My mother brought in the little red velvet bed that Hattie slept in when she was a little kitten, first rescued on a bitterly cold night after her mother was killed in the street. I think the familiarity of it is comforting to her. She's finally starting to eat a little more, and groom her fur, but she is leaving the shaved areas and stitches alone for now. I have updated pictures of her as well (not of the surgical sites, I promise).

For all of you who donated, publicly or anonymously, I want to repeat my thanks. If you were on the fence about it, please consider at least a small donation, even five or ten dollars. Every little bit helps, especially when it is spread out over many people.

The total bill on surgery ended up to be $3733.25. (We wonder what the .25 was for.) The fundraiser link is:

http://www.gofundme.com/oxwmgo















No comments:

Post a Comment