Monday, December 12, 2016

Thoroughly Mulled

Inspirational song: Should I Stay or Should I Go? (The Clash)

I'm not sure how the writers of Seinfeld did it. A show about nothing, they said. It went on for years, and they had to come up with week after week of "nothing" that had to entertain. Once upon a time, I gave myself a night off here and there of my blog about nothing. I'd announce that I was tired, or not feeling well, or just busy. Then I'd put up a half dozen photos, and call it good. I haven't given myself permission to do that in a long time. Even when I had nothing in the tank, I found something to write about. I don't remember the last time I completely coasted. I have to give myself a break. I have to. I can't be deep tonight. I need to metabolize the large quantities of mulled wine I consumed, and thus I am going to let an issue go to waste. I'll dig up some photos, new or old, whatever I can find. And then I'm out. Everyone needs a night off once in a while, even me with my unbroken streak that has gone for more than three and a half years so far. My lesson tonight is that wine is yummy and mental health days are important.




No comments:

Post a Comment