Friday, January 23, 2015

Good Things to Come

Inspirational song: I Can't Tell You Why (The Eagles)

Well, that's a drag. I have a lot of new and exciting things going on, and I can't share any of them yet. One of the secrets is an ongoing process, that means big changes for us on a grand scale. Every time we work on the process, I have to keep my mouth shut (or fingers still, to be more accurate). I'm not known for keeping secrets well, so not discussing each step is hard for me, but for now, I'm remaining mum. At least, I'm remaining vague, which knowing me, is a victory in itself.

Now tonight, a little bit of good fortune might (might!) be dropping out of the sky on us, and again, until I know for sure I have to sit on the news, for fear of jinxing it. Someone close to me contacted me with a hell of a lead, and maybe in a week or so, I can talk about it. For now, I'll just bounce around the house and wonder whether it's too good to be true or not. I doubt I will sleep well tonight, but that's not new. I haven't slept well in ages.

It's three weeks into 2015, and I'm already feeling optimistic about this year. It feels like I've shaken off all the horribleness of last year and the last few months of 2013. Things are picking up. Even if the only progress was getting a few lines in a literary magazine, that would be enough to feel like I'm in a whole new space. (That first link should be active at the end of next week, by the way. It's a teeny tiny story, but it has rocked my world having it accepted somewhere. Now I have to write a short bio for them, which is terrifying and difficult when I'm trying to figure out which secrets to continue to keep.) Good things are coming, though, I can tell. I can't tell you why I think this, but I am hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment