Monday, January 19, 2015

Goodness and Light

Inspirational song: Chandelier (Sia)

I made a promise to myself that I would end up here every single night, and I haven't broken it yet. But don't think it isn't hard for me sometimes, to stop what I'm doing when I'm on a roll, and write. I've been nagged at parties, and people have attempted to shame me for being on my phone, but I've posted on time. I've felt sick, sore, tired, and mad, but I've put out a blog when I said I would. I've been at concerts, movies, all-night drives, and even on airplanes, but I kept my promise. Tonight, I was focused on the internet, but I don't think I'm wasting time. I am finally finding houses that are in our price range (at the top of it, if the argument the man and I had tonight about budgeting is correct), and they are in the areas where we want to look. A friend of mine told me that a lot of new houses are on the market, and perhaps that is true. I just hope it is a sign of a trend, that will continue at least until we are in a position to make an offer on a house. That's still months away.

I got an email last night that made me a very happy woman. Over the holidays, I submitted two incredibly brief short stories, to a literary magazine. The magazine's niche is glorification of tiny little works of art, so these were perfectly targeted submissions. Last night, I was told that they want to put both of them in their winter issue, due out on February 2nd. They also informed me that they want to post one of the stories, the longer one, on their website a week in advance of the publication date of the magazine. I am over the moon at this news. I was very proud of these stories when I wrote them, and opening up my fragile heart to the possibility of rejection was difficult for me, but I held my breath and sent them in last month. I'm going to wait until they actually appear before I post links, but as soon as they are officially published, I will share. I don't want to get too terribly far ahead of myself here. I almost kept the news to myself, but since I had an ebullient moment on Facebook last night, I knew I had to pony up with details or I would have been raked over the coals by several of my supporters. (And believe me when I say they are brief -- the shorter of the two is four paragraphs long.)

I have other things in the works, but nothing is ready to see the light yet. This is enough for now, and I will turn my attention back to home listings. I am going to keep looking for cute little bungalows with sun porches. The right one is out there for us somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment