Friday, January 2, 2015

Save It for Later

Inspirational song: Mama Said (There'd Be Days Like This) (The Shirelles)

It has to happen sometimes. Usually when it gets to be eleven thirty or so, and I think I don't have a topic, I start writing anyway, and the magic happens. Not so much tonight. I'm a little mellow, a little melancholy, and just not feeling it. Yesterday was a big day, with Murray's emergency oral surgery, and I was so happy that nothing shook the earth today. I cleaned, cooked, and started packing away the first box of breakables. I'm starting to face up to the reality that we are most likely moving this summer, barring an unforeseen miracle/catastrophe, and packing is a marathon not a sprint. I have to begin months in advance. Might as well start with the special things that Zoe the Destroyer aims to take out on her super ball days, like pottery made by me and a few of my friends.

I created a new recipe, or at least combined a couple I keep in my hip pocket, but I will save that for later. This one is still in development, so unless you really need a way to incorporate kale into your diet right away, we can all wait. I'm going to resist pouring another glass of that smooth red wine that put me in my mellow groove, retire for now, and wait for inspiration to strike tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment