Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Busy Bees

Inspirational song: Keep On Working (Pete Townshend)

I can't believe that each day is really only a single day. So much happens from midnight to midnight that I am just sure each day is a week long. I've gone through three or four different topics I was sure I was going to write about, but by nighttime, I can't remember why each one seemed important enough to discuss, over anything else. It's past 10 now, and I am settling on "whipping out a quick post" so I can get put to work being a tiling assistant, and then collapse into bed without obligations once the tile is laid in the second half of the master bath and whole of the hall bath. Yes, we are starting to do this at 10:20 at night. I just ran off to the computer while we wait the 10 minutes for the mortar to cure after the mixing. Enjoy your normal life, kids.

The short list of what I think we've done today is interview the yard maintenance "crew" (a young man to mow our lawn), get the house measured for new carpet, learn that the wrong door guy was sent from Lowe's (they sent a storm door guy, not deck door guy), clean and scrub, pack some pottery, empty the living room of all the boxes and crap so I can stage it, paint the mailbox, spray plants for powdery mildew, start tiling (about to finish), and individually we managed to get a massage (him) and play a long game of mah jongg (me). There was more. Much more. I would love to go fall in bed now, but the bathrooms need a floor. I have to keep working.

One last thought, I came around the corner with a bag of trash today, and found the most amazing flower display. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment