Thursday, May 28, 2015

One Down

Inspirational song: Bittersweet (Big Head Todd and the Monsters)

I might be trying to swim through the tequila in my brain to form sentences right around now. Who's to say? Okay, it's a definite. The bartender had a heavy hand at the restaurant tonight. Don't expect me to make sense through every single sentence in this installment, because I'm really not trying to.

We both wish we had accomplished far more today than we did, but we did the most important thing on the schedule. We were available for phone calls from our realtor and my brother in law, while the BIL signed closing documents for us. The condo is no longer ours. I'm a little sad about that, but the big wad of cash that will appear in our savings account by morning will help alleviate that sadness. I liked that condo, and I liked more how much we had done to provide a secure place for our daughter to live while she was in school. I'll have to do the math to be sure, but it might have been the place she lived for the longest in her entire life. That is a bit of a shock to realize. We moved so many times, that place represents the most stable environment she ever had. And by the end, after the flood, it stressed her out so much that she couldn't wait to be out of it. I think I'm back to being sad, and it has nothing to do with the fishbowl margaritas we had to celebrate finally selling the unit. I hope overall she has more positive memories of it than negative. Either way, it's part of the past now.

I painted a lot more trim today. It was nearly impossible to keep cats out of the wet paint. Every few minutes, someone small walked between me and the loaded paintbrush in my hand. Each wet windowsill was walked on before it was ready. I don't know whether to assume cats are assholes, or whether their reputation as "aloof" creatures is way overrated. They are the neediest animals around. We woke this morning to find footprints on the tiles we stayed up late last night setting. I hope that mortar scrubs off easily. Otherwise it will be me and a razor blade scraper, cursing each animal's name until the floor is clean. They're sweet and all, but they are a royal pain sometimes.




1 comment:

  1. YAY! (On both fishbowl tequila and condo sales! -> One may stem from another buttttt totally worth it :))

    ReplyDelete