Saturday, April 20, 2013

Genesis

Inspirational song: I'm Not Ready to Make Nice (Dixie Chicks)

I have a little over a month left before my time is completely my own again. The man I keep around to open jars and lift heavy things is about to go away for an extended work assignment. I am about to step down from the executive board of a volunteer group I led for the last several months. I will be living quietly in my own personal park, surrounded by tame animals who love me and wild animals who tolerate me for all the sunflower seeds and dried corn I leave out for them. My worst enemy here will be poison ivy (and there is definitely poison ivy in the Park).

I have become so burned out on social politics over the last few months, and I am desperate for time to myself to heal, physically and emotionally. Right now, I don't want to apologize for being in a horrible mood yesterday, at our group's wildly successful fundraiser last night. I was angry and tired and sick of the shit. I don't want to walk anything back. I just want to keep walking forward, and let it all drop off behind me. And that is what I am doing, as of this moment. I plan on writing from my personal Eden, whatever strikes me as interesting at that moment, and I will share the scenes of my journey to peace, in whatever form that takes. I hope it takes a few detours through art, as I rediscover my will to paint, pot, sew, sing, and garden. Maybe somewhere along the way I will learn to dance.



No comments:

Post a Comment