Thursday, April 25, 2013

Increased Activity

Inspirational song: Jet Song (West Side Story)

I have found a much more interesting time of the morning to walk. Yesterday I waited until almost 10 o'clock, and apparently I was the only animal in the neighborhood who didn't know it was the wrong time to be out. Today I left at 8, and the air was cooler, the sun less harsh, and the whole world was frisky. I saw more ducks and squirrels out than I'd seen at one time on the other walks. There was a crowd of almost a dozen ducks around the corner from my Park, what seemed like two rival gangs hissing at each other. It didn't seem terribly threatening. I was waiting for them to break out in a dance-rumble more than an actual territory fight.

FedEx just came to my door. The documents we were waiting for have arrived, and it is as real as it will ever get now. Today will be a flurry of activity, trying to finish every loose end that can't wait indefinitely. And through it all I have to keep off my face and out of my voice how much it is getting to me. We've had lots of these separations over the years. But even he feels like this one is different, as do I. Neither of us is sure why.

No photo this time. I will try to make it up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment