Tuesday, May 27, 2014

A Different Perspective

Inspirational song: The Wood and the Wire (Fairport Convention)

I rarely spend time in the shade garden. It's woodsy and overgrown, and the poison ivy outnumbers me on an epic scale. I'm always looking at the ground, wondering when I will finally see my first snake, and I have confidence that it will be back there. While it's always cool back there, even on hot days, I avoid it because it's usually full of mosquitoes. The thicket borders it, and I don't even try to tame the thicket. It might as well be part of the swampy woods across the street. I walked in the shade garden a little today, just to check on it, in case there's anything I need to address right away. The bad vines are getting large, and I'm trying to find the inspiration to spend a couple hours under a mosquito cloud to clear them out. The canopy is filling in nicely, but the fig tree is showing no signs of fruit so far. And I need to figure out why all the sedum looks like it has been a dog bed for a month or more.

Today may have been my last chance to see Bones for a while. This prescription is over, but if my doctor approves I may get to keep going. This doc has had his own miraculous improvement at Bones' hands, so I have a good chance at his seeing the value in continued visits, enough to get me from 50% improved to 90+%. While I couldn't get needled today (since there would be no guaranteed follow up in a few days), we did talk about the bigger picture, how differently we could be approaching my treatment for heel pain, oddly, by needling the low back. He wanted to talk about my history with my back, and it turned everything I thought I knew on its head. Suddenly a lot more things make sense to me. I am considering sweet talking my primary care doc, telling him everything that has ever bothered me about my back since I was six years old, to see whether I could see Bones for that too. It would be a dream come true, and I won't know unless I ask.

I talked to someone today who might be in a position to teach me a new art medium. It's not a sure thing yet, but I am hoping to get a crack at this. I have never met a medium I didn't like, so I expect to like this one too. Any new chance to be creative is always welcome. I'm afraid to say more, for fear of jinxing it. I've done that to myself before. But if it happens, I will have to dramatically adjust my schedule, and make myself available much earlier in the morning. That is going to be difficult, but I think it could be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment