Thursday, May 22, 2014

Autopilot

Inspirational song: Fading Fast (Kelly Willis)

Should I feel obligated to make special posts along the milestones, or should I just keep plugging away as if post number 400 is no different than 157 or 289 or 1518 (assuming I get that far)? Tonight is 400, and I'm wishing I had something spectacular to write about, when in fact, I have worked myself into a catatonic state and am utterly useless on the couch. I am no more capable of being profound tonight than I am of jumping in the car and driving all the way to the left coast. It's not that I couldn't do it some other time, but if I tried right now, I wouldn't make it out of the county before I fell asleep and ran off the road. As it is, I'm about to fall off the keyboard and give up on consciousness.

Today was all about party prep. I needed several days in a row to deep clean the things I pushed to the background, and it was just another building day for me. I cleaned from dawn to dusk, and I get to get up and do it all over again. A dear friend came over and gave me a solid three hours of hardcore help, and it was all I could do to keep up with her. She's a whirlwind. Or perhaps the opposite, since a whirlwind would make a bigger mess.

My animals surprised me while the friend was here. My formerly melancholy huntress flirted with her non-stop, and bold little Athena hid until the door closed behind my friend. My favorite white cat stayed downstairs to gather affection, which she almost never does with people she doesn't know well. The little red-headed dog was a barking jerk the entire time. If he is this bad with just one girlfriend here, how is he going to react when there are a couple very tall men hanging out in our Park? He's going to lose his fool mind. He had better adapt quickly. I'm not going to let his bad behavior hold us all hostage.

No comments:

Post a Comment