Friday, June 20, 2014

Clammed Up

Inspirational song: Take Your Mama (Scissor Sisters)

I hope this dark cloud over my mood is short-lived. I feel grumpy, achy, frustrated, mad, queasy, and just generally in a funk. Nobody did this to me. It's all mine. But it's making me reluctant to write, because all I want to do is complain, and as the Internet told me, ain't nobody got time for that. I had better be snapped out of this by dawn, because I have an early flight, and being trapped in a tiny airplane seat while feeling sick and grumpy is my idea of hell. 

This time I remembered to take the dogs to camp when I was supposed to. At least that went right for me today. And birthday dinner with one of my girlfriends was great... Until the no-see-ums started biting us where we sat on the patio. I handled the heat well enough, until we all started drinking sweet champagne for a toast. I should have stuck with my alcohol-free plans. Half a glass of wine and I had a core meltdown. I needed air conditioning. The meltdown kept going as I tried and failed to put air in my tire that was running low. I hate admitting that my friend was right all those years ago, but I really felt like I had been raised to be decorative as I fumbled with the air hose on the dark side of the filling station. I'll try again first thing in the morning, on the way to the airport. I don't expect more success, but I can't get out of this unpleasant task.

I give up. I have so little good to say. I will just stop here and leave you with a picture of cats competing for the space next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment