Sunday, June 29, 2014

Less

Inspirational song: Is That All (U2)

Do I really have to pretend I had deep thoughts today? All I really did was clean house, and try not to dwell on last week's heartbreak. My house is less of a wreck now (not clean, just less cat hair and dirty dishes), and I am one day closer to the end of my forced solitude. The highlight of my day was standing at the windows with the boys (one canine and one feline), watching the squirrel cover the area under the tree, looking for dropped sunflower seeds and remnants of the "fruit" from the ornamental peach tree. I gave her my one free pass for the day, and didn't set the dogs on her. I taunted the seven-legged spider who built a giant, three-layer web right next to the back door. Okay, maybe it was tacky that I told her there was no handicapped parking, and I didn't care that she was missing a leg. She needs to move to the thicket. I'm not going to spend the next three months afraid to walk out on the deck. Problem is, she's already huge, half the size she will be in a month. I'm going to need a hazmat suit and giant tongs to convince myself to move her.

That's it. That's all that this day amounted to. I promise, I will try to come up with something profound for tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions for topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment