Saturday, July 19, 2014

Girl Party

Inspirational song : Misty Mountain Hop (Led Zeppelin)

Wow. I really needed a lazy day. I have been so stressed out trying to keep Cricketstan clean (twice daily with Lysol wipes and a sponge and bucket of Mr Clean), and trying to refocus on a couple of the major projects I dropped months ago, I needed to blow off some steam. Mischief managed. Big thanks to the Bonfire leader for letting me just sit and talk for hours. We talked about the present and we talked about the past. We told secrets and we spoke of regrets. I have been very obsessed with trying to sort through my life, wanting to put it into some semblance of order so it would be interesting to read in long form. Bless her for listening to me tell the hardest memories, and triple bless her for taking my side when I needed her to. This is what good friends are for.

We sat in the hot tub for an hour or two. The only picture that actually took was a blurry mess when her one of her dogs leapt in the hot tub with us. We tried to convince them not to do it, for all the good that did. The little one knew it was where the cool girls were hanging out. She just wanted to be part of the girl party. I know that feeling. I wanted to be part of the girl party too.

No comments:

Post a Comment