Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Thinking About Thinking

Inspirational song: Drift Away (Dobie Gray)

I told myself I was going to spend the day making notes for one of the writing projects, and I did spend hours thinking about what anecdotes paired nicely with others. But once I grabbed a pen and paper, I got exactly two words written before I got invited to drop everything and hang out in a pool. It doesn't take much to lead me astray. Of course I ran away to dunk myself in warm water. Not that the pool was heated. It has been so stinking hot here for months, the water was almost unpleasantly warm. No, I take that back. There's no such thing. When your neighbor says to come relax in her pool, no part of it is unpleasant. It was wonderful. Even her overly silly dog is starting to come to terms with the deep water in her territory. They've been coaching her to get in the water, and by the end of our swim, she had managed to get her front paws down to the second step, and her back feet nearly slipped off the top step twice. It was an adorable victory. And it was a welcome distraction from my declared purpose.

The man and I have been scheming again. I don't know how far in the future it might be (here's hoping for sooner than later), but we both seem to think building a shipping container house sounds like fun. Is that too horribly trendy? Do we really care? I'm just so pleased that we are both on the same page with this. That never happens. We even agreed on the number of containers and the configuration. I sent him my rough outline yesterday, and the one he sent back that was his floor plan was eerily similar. I don't think anywhere in two and a half decades of us as a couple have we been so closely aligned on a theoretical building scheme for the Forever House. I keep being stunned by that over and over - we want the same thing. The. Same. Thing. Now that the miracle has happened, the next step is making it a reality. I might even change my format of the blog for this monumental alignment if it becomes real, and start showing people. I think the only thing that sounds like more fun right now than building a shipping container house on the top of a mountain, is building it while taking a zillion photos of progress and of my man (on a ladder, with power tools...) to share. It might actually be enough to convince me to move away from the Park. But not immediately. It's still in the thinking stage right now. Like most of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment