Thursday, February 11, 2016

Drive Time

Inspirational song: In a Big Country (Big Country)

It really struck me, as I drove across wide open plains between my home and my office today, just how large my territory is. Next time I'm touring a four thousand square foot house, thinking that it's ridiculously huge compared to how much space a human really needs for shelter, I can console myself by considering that it's just a speck compared to how much land is available in northern Colorado. I'm not getting into the conversation about how many limited resources a house like that might drain. I'm just saying there is plenty of room to put those houses in.

I wanted to stop and take some pictures of those expansive views along my route, but once I'm behind the wheel on that drive, I just want to get home as directly as I can. Maybe when I feel better, I'll start looking for pretty vistas to share. There is an unlimited supply to choose from, endless snow-covered rolling hills, with gorgeous mountains in the background framing them. If a girl has to commute to work, it makes for a pleasant drive.

By mid-afternoon, I still hadn't been contacted by my doctor's office. Maybe I was spoiled in my last location, with doctors who called right away when lab work was ready (or at least PAs who would call in their stead if they were busy). I'm dealing with a much smaller practice now, and it takes adjustment. So I took the lead and called them to set up an appointment. First thing in the morning I get to have the talk about whether this back pain has actually been back pain at all for the last three weeks. I have to admit that getting the suggestion that it's actually a problem in my kidneys has changed the way I interpret it. I definitely need a professional opinion on these lab results. I'm in danger of talking myself into all sorts of weirdness. I think all day I've suffered from Webmditis. Need to stop that right away.


No comments:

Post a Comment