Thursday, February 25, 2016

Tangible Progress

Inspirational song: A Little Good News (Anne Murray)

I had a wonderful day today. No I was not entirely pain free, but compared to the weekend, I might as well have been. I have this all figured out. I get out of bed in five minutes or less, with only trivial pain. If I don't sit for too long, I can stand up out of chairs in even less time, with only slightly more pain. And even better, I've backed off on how many pain pills I take already. I think I had a total of four all day. I'll probably take one more right before I crawl in bed, and I have every reason to believe that it will be enough to get me through the whole night. My goal is to be taking no more than one half pill at a time by the end of the weekend.

The very nice lady who handles the arrangements for home health care for one of the companies in town called me today to follow up and keep working for my case. She had visited me right before I was discharged from the hospital, and then she called yesterday at home to say that her company wasn't in my insurance network. So she worked to put me in touch with someone else who was. That company said I was approved, but by the time I talked to them this morning, I felt like I was already beyond needing physical therapy in my own house. We agreed to put my approval on a pending status, just in case something backslides, but the first lady and I will be working to find me an outpatient clinic for physical therapy. It was exactly the progress I hoped to make.

I see regular doc tomorrow morning, for the first time since the crisis Friday night. I'll give a full report of that when it's done.

And can I brag one more time about what a terrific boss I have? I wasn't physically up to driving 45 minutes into the office this morning, for my weekly mentoring meeting. So I was allowed to call in and participate in the meeting via speakerphone, and I never once felt like I was a disappointment to him for needing the extra accommodation. I am a very lucky woman. And I'm excited about being able to get back to work very soon.

I feel like of all the members of the animal kingdom living in this house, the one who gets the least screen time is Accidental Agnes the Adventurous Anole. So I took several portraits of her this week, while she cleverly hid behind her plant and stared down the fluffy cat on her hot tin roof. No, Athena, you are not allowed to kill and eat Agnes.






No comments:

Post a Comment