Monday, February 8, 2016

Spaz

Inspirational song: Lay Your Hands On Me (Thompson Twins)

One step forward, two steps back. Saturday night and Sunday morning felt pretty good. Somewhere between those tiny little slips on the ice on Sunday morning's brief walk and the opposite-of-relaxing hot bath (that I could barely get out of), I set myself back a week or two. I barely slept at all last night. Even getting into the bed was atrocious. I had trouble sliding down into place, and the spasms in my right hip were so bad that rotating even a few degrees was impossible. It's a tough change for a girl who spends most of the night flopping from one side to the other. (It must be difficult to sleep next to me.)

I'm back on the muscle relaxers, after a few days feeling like I didn't need them. I am breaking them in half, so that I'm still able to work and talk. I let myself be busy today, but all I was concerned about was the second visit to the chiropractor. He was able to push me back into place again, but I can't say that it will last until the end of the week when I see him again. When I left his office, I was able to extend my right arm away from my body enough to drive, but after a nap to compensate for last night, and then spending a couple hours sitting still to man the back side of our brokerage's web site, I can barely reach out far enough to pet a cat again.

I wonder when the doc will call me with blood test results so I can discuss how long before we escalate this conversation to talk of disc injury. I would think if it were just a pinched nerve, there would be fewer days like this.

Meh. I think I'm done writing for the day. I'll flip through the phone and see how many good pictures of cats I got today.






No comments:

Post a Comment