Friday, February 5, 2016

Peace in a Bottle

Inspirational song: Ladies Night (Kool & the Gang)

I have decided, things are going to get better. I'm just looking for a return to normal, that's all. I don't need suddenly to become superwoman or live a magically perfect life. But I'm tired of being freaked out about how long it takes to build a real estate business, and I'm really tired of limping around, unable to go about my regular activities for weeks. I have an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow, who will hopefully realign me and get me moving while I wait to find out whether the long-term problems in my back are actually arthritis. In the meantime, I decided I was done waiting to paint the basement, or at least start it. I got as far as filling the paint tray twice, and nearly made it through the second pour before it stopped being fun. That amount of paint made it all along the south wall, around the little sections between the doors in the hallway, and the last four or five feet of wall facing the stairs. It's every bit as blotchy as you would imagine a deep burgundy color (named "borscht") to be after one coat, but already I like it. Totally changes the mood in the TV room, in a good way. We were going for the movie theater vibe, and I think this will achieve it. Without the full range of motion in my back and by extension my arms, I wasn't quite able to prevent every dribble and run of paint. In fact, there were a handful of goofs. I laid down a twelve foot long drop cloth, and made a point of stopping before the end of the cloth, and that still wasn't good enough. The very first droplet to fall flew at an angle and landed on the carpet one inch past the protective barrier. I made the mistake of pinching it to try to pick up the paint. I should have left the drop small, and just cut out one piece of yarn to remove it. Now, if I want to do that, I'll have to cut out a circle almost 3/8 of an inch across. Unfortunately, it's a dumb place to put a throw rug, so that option is out.

Other than that, I really don't have much of a story to tell. I spent the evening getting liquored up with one of my BFFs, and I'm still a little too laid back to put much effort into writing. The good news is, with all the bourbon and rum in my system, my hip isn't bothering me as much. So I guess I'll just throw out a picture of that little red-headed dog watching squirrels, and enjoy the respite from low back pain. Peace out, dear readers.





No comments:

Post a Comment