Thursday, March 3, 2016

Oh, I See

Inspirational song: I Can See for Miles (The Who)

Physically, I am almost back to 100%. I was finally able to make the long drive up to a sales meeting with the rest of my brokerage, enjoying the long views along the way, and not whimpering even a little when I made sharp right turns with the car. I stood up straight when I walked, and almost every time I stood up out of my chair, it was easy. I can't say that I've entirely digested all the intellectual and emotional changes that came with the big revelations of the last month (and a few potential ones yet to come with the outstanding blood tests), but I'm dealing the best I can. I'm trying to find ways to distract myself so that I don't dwell too much alone in my own mind. Still a lot to come to grips with, but I'm getting there.

Our meeting was very productive. We were hosted by a mortgage lender who gave us great information about construction loans, followed by a great discussion in which he asked thought provoking questions that may lead us all to perform better in multiple offer situations. We also watched a quick TED talk, that focused entirely on accentuating the positive. It said how easy it is to pick apart statistical data that falls below the curve, but it's far more interesting looking at the outliers that are better than average. These things are frequently dismissed in clinical data (the man speaking was coming from a psychological and pharmaceutical perspective), as opposed to negative results, which are viewed as opportunities for drugs or treatment. The talk closed on a recommendation to take at least one of five actions to focus on happiness and positive feedback every day. Let's see whether I can remember all five... Exercise, Meditation, Journaling... uh... Nope. Three out of five. But notice which three I remembered. Exercise--something I've been unable to do for six weeks, until just the last few days. Meditation--something my mother has been begging me to do for over a year. And Journaling--something I have been doing publicly without fail for almost three years. Gotta admit, it has helped me in a lot of ways, but it isn't a guarantee for happiness.

So apropos of nothing, before I could make it to bed last night, I watched Alfred groom Athena, and I videoed it, just waiting for it to go badly. I never got the brawl I expected to see, but I did get to see a lot of posing and flopping. I'm going to see whether it will upload. On to the test (after Rabbit under an electric blanket)...



No comments:

Post a Comment