Friday, March 18, 2016

The Pillow Beckons

Inspirational song: Fire (Pointer Sisters)

How long has it been since I really took a night off? I guess the closest I came was the night in February when I posted a single short paragraph on the way to the ER, but I can't consider that an easy night. At least four or five nights a week, I try to talk myself into taking the easy path of complaining of fatigue and phoning in a couple sentences, but no matter how many times I have the urge to skate, I never do it. I always manage to push out two or three paragraphs. Tonight, though, I think I've earned an early night. I'm tired, my feet feel like they're on fire, and I'm miffed that the soonest I can get in with the rheumatologist is five weeks from now. I think it's time for a late dessert, and then an early bed. I'll make tomorrow an extra special essay, to make up for my night off. I don't know what yet, but I'll spend the day thinking it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment