Wednesday, April 4, 2018

At Warp Speed

Inspirational song: Dizzy (Tommy Roe)

I hit the ground running again today. My phone was ringing even before I was out of bed, and it didn't stop until well into the afternoon. I have been introduced to new real estate professionals of many stripes, including a transaction coordinator, title agent, and inspector, all of whom I haven't worked with before. I was talking, texting, emailing, reviewing, filing, and any other clerical thing I could think of today. Unfortunately for me, I also woke up with a head full of pollen or mold or something equally reactive. While sparing you the specifics, I can say that it made focus rather difficult. I have to hope that I didn't say anything remarkably stupid to any of these new people today. I know one mistake I made, and it's a silly one I've made before (I mixed up the admin email versus the information email we have for requests from clients, and I sent my contract to the wrong one to file. Not the end of the world, but embarassing to do yet again.)

We went to the property under contract for a second viewing today. My client's young son was not present the first time through, and my buyer had managed to keep the secret of the contract until now. I didn't ask whether she had told him when I showed up to let her in, but I suspected she might be saving the news for that moment, and I kept my mouth shut. We took him around, to see how he reacted. He said he liked it. That made it much easier when she sat him down to let him know that barring any hiccups, this place will be his new home. Unfortunately it also flipped the switch on his interest, and he did what most boys his age would do, and got more excited and less circumspect. Nothing was damaged, but we definitely had to rush him out to make sure it remained that way.

This deal feels like it is barrelling along at a dizzying speed. The inspection and appraisal are coming up before the week's end, which seems ridiculously fast to me. Mind you, I'm not complaining. I'm just amazed. Last year these things were hard to schedule, and deals were running six weeks and longer, mostly waiting for available appraisers. It looks like our shortage of trained professionals has been rectified, and our lender is absolutely on top of things. (This lender I've worked with before and trust implicitly to give it to me straight.) I worried yesterday that we would have to wait three weeks to know whether we will make appraisal, which is the key to closing this deal. I should know by Monday at the latest. It's going to make this weekend stressful, but oh, so exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment