Sunday, April 12, 2020

Hangout

Inspirational song: Easter (Marillion)

Someone on Twitter said they were advised to keep a journal during quarantine, but they didn't heed the advice. They tried to feel bad about it, but recognized they just weren't that diligent. I got a tiny little shiver of satisfaction, knowing that I have been doing that for more than 2500 days straight now. If there was ever a thorough chronicle of life before and during the pandemic, I created it. Here's to hoping I get to write the "after" portion as well.

The snow we were promised arrived exactly on schedule, and was every bit as deep and constant as it was supposed to be. That huge section of flowerbed I weeded yesterday? I went out this afternoon and took a photo from above where I had been sitting for hours yesterday. I took it from a standing position, because I'm not a fool, despite reports to the contrary. Spring is fun here. Always keeps a person guessing.

We didn't do the traditional Easter dinner with my in-laws, not even by Zoom as so many did this year. We smoked some ribs (yes, I made that man do all the marching through snow to check them), and the gang got together for Jackbox games on Hangouts. It's not as much fun when we aren't all in the same room, but it sure is better than nothing. We wore ourselves out laughing at the early games, and by about 9:30 we were playing Murder Trivia Party in near silence. Who knew you could giggle yourself to the point of exhaustion? (Okay, probably everybody, but it still seemed like a surprise when it happened.)

No comments:

Post a Comment