Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Semi-Routine

Inspirational song: Love's Great Adventure (Ultravox)

So far, I really don't hate this isolation, at least, not like everyone else is. I'm kinda hitting my stride. I get just enough done on an average day that I don't hate myself, but I'm avoiding being an overachiever and thus am not hurting myself. I found the sweet spot. I planned well on what foods I stocked up with, and have managed to keep it interesting without breaking a budget or using up too many specialty ingredients. To be honest, I've enjoyed digging through some of the weird stuff in the pantry and fridge, finally making things with them, so they neither rot nor seem like wastes of money. We might run out of dairy products in a week or two, but beyond that, we don't actually need to shop yet.

I've tried to give the Mr plenty of space. There were people on social media within the first week who were complaining that being locked indoors with their spouses or SOs were driving them batty. A couple of times we have been a little short in our answers to each other, but I feel like generally we have avoided sniping like a house full of sixth graders at the end of a long sleepover. (How did any friendships survive those?) I set the bar pretty low on my expectations for projects in and out of the house. I figure I don't push him, he won't push me, and there will be peace. 

We had our weekly game this evening. We finally have a setup that works, although I think I need to purchase a table top microphone to make it where the others can understand us. The laptop we have been using has a terrible one, and our friends can't hear the Mr speak 90% of the time. It's not quite as much fun as having them all here around a single table, where I can feed them dinner and cakes on special occasions, but it helps break up the solitude. 

I know a lot of people around the world are fed up with this, and protesting strenuously. Don't give up yet, people, please. A few more weeks of this, and I can feel safe leaving my house to visit the newest Smith when they arrive. Give up now, and I'll have to fix up that old farm truck we got last month like the RV from the Walking Dead to get to my newly expanded family. Don't think I won't do it. Have you seen how full of materials my garage is?

No comments:

Post a Comment