Monday, June 24, 2013

A Very Boring Girl

Inspirational song: Up All Night (Boomtown Rats)

Insomnia is a cruel, cruel bitch. I was awake until nearly 3 this morning, and woke at dawn to the sound of a fire engine pulling up in front of my neighbors' house, on the side closest to my bedroom. I peeked out to see EMTs walking in the driveway. I decided not to play Gladys Kravitz, the ultimate nosy neighbor. I have left them alone, although I did notice a lot of family cars parked there all day. I hope they are all okay. They're the sweetest couple of retirees you can imagine.

This morning was a mah jongg going away party, and the friend who is moving next week let us know yesterday that she wouldn't even be back from the new house to attend. But we all had a great time playing and having brunch in her honor. It would have been a shame to waste the opportunity.

And since then, I have done nothing. Zero. I have fallen asleep on the couch with a kitten on my neck, and woke too late to make water aerobics. I watched tv, and I surfed the net. I don't see a single thing in the above worth writing about, and less to photograph. I'm not going to hide my shame. I'm copping to it. You caught me. I'll try for fireworks tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Something like that. I was figuring too much animal stress and not enough sleep.

      Delete