Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Double Needle

Inspirational song: Little Jeannie (Elton John)

I wish I had kept a running count of how many days I told myself I would take a night off, and ended up exploring deep topics that came out of nowhere, and channeled through my fingers. Seriously, one of these days I have to just let myself slide for a night. Today would be a good day for that. I slept poorly in a hot room last night (still being too cheap to turn on the air conditioning) and was late to physical therapy. I can only blame the last three or four minutes of my tardiness on the garage door opener that has become dysfunctional 80% of the time. Therapy was rough, and the needling intense. Years' worth of concentrated evil is being tapped out of my legs. I have been moody and tired ever since, and I'm not expecting a sudden turnaround. I think I need to turn off the television before the late news sucks me in, accept that I never made it farther onto the deck than standing in the doorway to watch the rain, and regroup for tomorrow. It's cool and humid and windy. A perfect night to go to bed early. Forgive my brevity. I need this.


No comments:

Post a Comment