Thursday, April 3, 2014

What Next?

Inspirational song: Your Time Is Gonna Come (Led Zeppelin)

I think the man is growing weary of being far from home and limited in his ability to be creative with his time. Both in the his night/my afternoon conversation, and the his morning/my night talk, he was hinting at wanting to make big changes when he gets home. Some times when he talks like that, I get excited about our prospects, and I'm right there with him talking about traveling around the country for a year, living like aging hippies in a converted bus that burns recycled fry oil, taking beautiful pictures for calendars or coffee table books. (I've said it before, his pictures make mine look like badly done crayon drawings.) Other days, the fear of change overwhelms me. Living in a gypsy caravan doesn't necessarily produce the steadiest income. I feel like I need to start now, downsizing, trimming back expenses, networking. But every time I think plans are made, he comes back with something entirely different, and I have no idea how to make the sudden change in direction. Planning is a dirty word in our house. 

I had a productive session at physical therapy, and then accomplished nearly nothing since. We did extensive needling on the right leg today, and once again my body reacted like I had had surgery. I'm exhausted, but I have a hard time feeling like I earned it. But for the first time, I'm fairly certain my foot feels different. There's a shadow of a doubt that this is only wishful thinking, but I'm starting to believe that change has really come. This could mean a monumental shift in my future possibilities. I can hardly wait. Being free from plantar fasciitis after a decade of heel pain promises endless opportunities. 

Yesterday's frenzied skirmish with poisonous vines appears to have had consequences. I am starting to itch in key places that I didn't scrub sufficiently last night. My collarbone, shoulder, and forearm are most likely compromised, and by the weekend, I'm probably going to have a clear idea which are mosquito bites and which are poison ivy rashes. I can't wait.

I can't say spring is bringing out the best in everyone living in this Park. I showed you days ago the crazy eyes Athena gets every time she sees the calico. Today the Minions both took turns chasing and swatting at her. It's getting old listening to the constant bickering. And anole lizards need to stay away, for their own safety. I keep finding abused reptiles in the kitchen and on the deck. The poor fellow I found today may have been in the process of molting, explaining his distressed appearance, but later I found him under Athena, at the base of the fountain. I don't think he will finish molting now. His time has come.

No comments:

Post a Comment