Monday, December 1, 2014

Back Into the Light

Inspirational song: Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves)

I am not making this up. I was actively peed on by a dog, at the very moment I was letting him clean out the last few drops of ice cream from my empty bowl, and it STILL was the best day I've had in almost two weeks. My life has descended into unrepentant chaos, but I finally found my sense of humor again, and have started to roll with it. I had to. There's no other way to handle this strange place where I find myself. It's certainly not how I expected to spend the middle years of my life. But it will make for a lot more writing material than the boring suburban life I might have tried for in a different universe. Trying to move every few years with a million animals, now including a handicapped dog and a cat who is made of the same ultra-bouncy rubber as superballs? Bring it.

I got most of my energy back today. I wasn't even tempted to take a nap, although I am still a bit dizzy from the meds. With the energy came my appetite. I tore through three modest meals and a high-protein snack all in one day for the first time in over a week. I'm not yardwork healthy, but I'm housework healthy. It's a trade-off I will take.

I have to confess, I'm a little more interested in Christmas than I was last year, to the point of wanting to decorate very soon, and I'm even going to shop. I'm not going to be the whiny, lonely girl I was last year. I'm ready for flashing lights, spruce-scented everything, and fluffy knit fabrics. I predict there will be some sort of experimental grain-free baking to come, complete with Annie's Test Kitchen instructions and reviews.

It feels good to feel good. I know that sounds stupidly obvious, but I just wanted to say it out loud so that I affirm how grateful I am. Maybe one of those Rabbit pictures from yesterday can express it visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment