Wednesday, December 17, 2014

No Spoilers

Inspirational song: Love Bites (Def Leppard)

A couple months ago, I promised to start writing much earlier in the evening, so that I could get on a better sleep/wake schedule. I haven't been very good about keeping to that promise. Now that the man is going back to work, and we have figured out how to keep Murray from waking up and whining at 5 am (don't feed the dogs until late--solves a lot of problems), I have to reinstate my vow to be on a more human schedule. I've been having too much fun this week, playing bunco with the girls, re-watching movies, and staying up late. We just got home from seeing the last installment in the Hobbit movies, and it's already bed time. I will share no spoilers about the film, just in case you were planning on seeing it, and hadn't read or re-read the books. (It has been so many years since I read the books, I kept counting on my fingers, trying to identify all five in the Battle of the Five Armies. I failed.) I enjoyed the whole series, and I am not such a purist that I was angry that they deviated from the books in significant ways. And naturally I left thinking how much I want to live in Bag-End. Love that architecture.

Now I'm home, trying to write quickly so I can go to bed early like I swore I would. The cats are getting dangerously close to crossing the line between distrust and play. I think they are actually starting to like each other, but aren't ready to admit it in front of me. I'm going to let them ricochet across my lap while I finally watch the last 45 minutes of the Voice finale from last night. No, I don't know who won yet. Don't tell me. No spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment